I think everyone released a collective sigh when 2015 came to an end. It seemed to be a rough year for a lot of people.
Personally, it seemed like 2015 was the year for me to fight all my internal conflicts. I dealt with anxiety & depression. I lost old friends & new friends. I ended up dealing with relationship issues, and I was never even in a relationship in 2015. And to round off the year, I finished the Fall semester with a terrible grades. Let’s say I was bit more than just “off my game”.
With all the negative things that happened in 2015, I made a promise to myself to make 2016 way better and here’s how:
- No Negativity. I don’t want any negativity around me, so first it must start with myself. If I’m in a situation that has the potential to turn messy I have the power to end it.
- More Church. I am currently in the process of finding a home church in Atlanta. Generally, attending church makes me feel better, but I really feel like I am at a point in my life where I can truly appreciate religion. Where I don’t see waking up for church as an annoyance, but as me staring my week off right.
- Chase Dreams. I am no longer concerned with others success or their way of doing things. I have a vision of what I want and I plan on making it happen.
- Finding My Adam (or Not). I feel like I am at the perfect position for bettering myself and with that being said I don’t have time to fake the funk when it comes to relationships. I am leaving the Finding of my Adam to God. I trust in Him that I will “Find my Adam” indue time.
- Better Health. I eat what I want, when I want and I sit on my butt, two terrible combinations. And while I am not carrying any excess weight I do want to kick these terrible habits now.